Plan Goals and Objectives
National instructional technology educational leadership organizations have provided frameworks for the district to use in setting goals and objectives to support instructional and information technologies in schools. The International Society for Technology in Education’s essential conditions for successful systematic change in schools. These essential conditions include the following:
- Shared Vision (proactive leadership)
- Empowered Leaders (impacting change)
- Implementation Planning (aligned with district vision for school effectiveness and student achievement)
- Consistent and Adequate Funding (ongoing for infrastructure, personnel, digital resources, staff development)
- Equitable Access (robust, reliable access for all students, teachers, staff, leadership)
- Skilled Personnel (educators, support staff, leadership skills in appropriate information communication technology resources-ICT)
- Ongoing Professional Learning (learning plans and opportunities to design and share ideas for change)
- Technical Support (consistent and reliable)
- Curriculum Framework (aligned content standards and digital curriculum resources)
- Student-Centered Learning (planning, teaching, assessment center around student needs/abilities)
- Assessment and Evaluation (continuous assessment of and for learning and use of ICT/digital resources)
- Engaged Communities (partnerships, collaboration to support and fund ICT/digital resources)
- Support Policies (policies, plans, accountability, incentive structures)
- Supportive External Context (policies/initiatives at national, regional, state, local levels to support schools and teacher prep programs)
Given this strong direction, the district has developed the goals that incorporate the essential conditions. This provides the district with goals to help focus and direct all resources in efficient and effective ways.
Goal 1: Student Impact/Achievement
Students will have equitable and reasonable opportunities to access and use information and technology resources to support their academic achievement.
Goal 2: Staff Effectiveness
Staff will be knowledgeable and effective in using technology and resources for their productivity and instructional delivery. Staff will integrate information literacy and technology resources into the curriculum for student use supporting 21st Century Digital Literacy Standards and Practices.
Goal 3: Information Resources and Learning Tools
Students, staff, and parents/community members will have equitable and reasonable opportunities to access information resources and 21st Century Technologies to support their learning.
Goal 4: Support Systems and Leadership
Leadership will support the shared vision and mission of instructional and administrative technologies (including staffing, policies, procedures, communication systems, infrastructure, and equipment) enhancing the teaching, learning, and support functions of the district.
- District Schools
- District Departments
- Staff Services
- School Board